Tuesday, September 18, 2012

2 years

Most people (including me) will tell you that you are probably not going to meet the love of your life in a bar. But I did! Somehow Ben and I managed to go to the same high school and the same college without ever meeting. Thank goodness because we both agree that if we'd met way back then we would not have liked each other. hahaha. SO as fate would have it we met at the exact right time. One night while out drinking and hanging out with mutual friends Ben and I saw eachother in a 'not so romantic' across the bar kind of way. I thought he was so cute and even remember what he was wearing. haha. We've both agreed that we'll tell our kids we met at the library, we'll just leave out that it was a bar.

And after spending maybe a day with him I knew that we had something different than I'd ever had with anyone else. I was comfortable with him right from the beginning and have always felt like I could be myself. One short break up, 4 years of dating, one house buying experience, an unconventional engagement, 2 years of marriage and the most beautiful baby ever and we are as happy as can be.

I don't have a ton of older photos of us but here are some that I do have and then some favs from our wedding.


My favorite pic from the wedding

The is Stephs wedding while pregnant with Marley

One of our first trips together in AZ

Out in River Falls


2 comments:

  1. So cute, this made me tear up a bit! You guys are perfect together (well anyone who can put up with you is amazing right? - just kidding)! Happy Anniversary to you both and here's to many many more!

    Also note... the dogs didn't even get a mention in this post (I told you things would change once a baby entered the picture)!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I cant believe I forgot the dogs! Yes things have changed! hahah. You were right about that. OK well now I have to give honerable mention to our wonderful puppies who were our first babies. Mackie, Noama (RIP) and Dempsey our little spit fire.

    Annnnd yes anyone who can put up with me deserves a medal :)

    ReplyDelete