Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I could feel myself getting fatter .... I didnt care

Last week we went to the MN State Fair, one my favorite summertime events. It is a mash up of amaaazing food on a stick, people watching that can't be beat and fun things to shop for. I LOVE it and I get excited for it every year. The week before we go I spend my days thinking about the food I'm going to eat and plan out how I'm going to be able to eat my weight in food in one day. I rationalize this intake of food with all the walking that you need to do in order to get the food. This year we took my brother and sister who have never been before. Their minds were pretty blown and at least one of them went home with a tummy ache and a need to nap :) I didn't take as many pictures as I'd like ... mostly because I was too busy eating ... but here were some highlights.


We always get the cookies at the end. Ben argued with me that we didn't need two buckets so we only got one. Later he conceeded and admitted that we should have gotten two. Now, let me clarify that nobody NEEDS two buckes of roughly 40 cookies a piece ... but I mean comeon, why not? After eating cheese curds, a super stick (cheese and pepperoni wrapped in garlic breat with red sauce on the side), pickle roll ups, cheese cake, smoothies and deep fried candy bars why in the world would you say no to a second bucket of cookies? : )

1 comment:

  1. I am pretty much convinced I need to go back to the fair one more time this year (I have been twice already) - that picture of the bucket of cookies has pretty much sealed the deal! We went to the fair with 4 adults and 1 child and we bought 3 buckets of cookies... totally uncalled for but oh so yummy! Glad you guys had fun, the State Fair is by far the best!

    ReplyDelete