Thursday, August 8, 2013

My crazy hectic mornings

It's not very often that I have a calm and relaxed type of morning. I tell myself every night that I need to get everything ready, get up ontime (before MarleyLou) and get ready. Yeah, that never happens. Even IF I have everything ready the night before I always feel rushed and un organized. Two things in the last two days, however, have made me pause and enjoy my mornings with my lil baby. Yesterday was really kind of a frantic day and Marley was especially wanting her mommy and asking to be held every two seconds. As I was holding her she let go of her sippy where it promptly landed on the floor, cracked open and splashed milk all over my pants. I said loudly 'Oh Marley!' And she said to me for the very first time ever 'oh Shorry'. And I just paused for a quick moment and said, thats ok. We cleaned up the milk together and went about our morning. But that wonderful moment when she said sorry to me made my whole world pause. And then today I was a little more prepared and was taking some time folding laundry in the living room before we had to go. My little girl came up to me and held her hands up so I picked her up and she laid her little head right on my chest. We stood there for a few good minutes just her and I in the quiet of the morning rocking and cuddling. I LOVE those moments so much. When my whold world stops and it's just her and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment