Thursday, October 12, 2017

Challenging the 'modern feminist'

I've struggled a lot lately with what being a woman should entail. If you listen to the media, look at magazines or watch TV you'll see a lot of different types of women. What You Won't See Much of is the 'traditional' woman. You wont see a stay at home mother, a woman in the kitchen (how archaic gasp) or a woman cleaning a bathroom. For ME being a woman is all of these things. I take pride in staying home with my babies during the day, in making my own bread, in baking cookies and making dinner for my family. And that 'type' of women is no longer reprensented. For some reason that woman isn't important any longer. We're taught that we can have it all, but somehow not needing 'it all' (whatever the hell 'it all' is) makes us less.  Why? Where has the traditional woman gone and why is her presence somehow offensive to so many people?

No comments:

Post a Comment