Saturday, February 3, 2018

I am not a victim

We live in a society full of victims and it nearly drives me crazy. We have the power to be in complete and total control of ourselves and yet, it seems, that every day everywhere people are letting others take that control away from them. Let me be more specific.  Never will I EVER give someone that I dont know the power to ruin my day. If someone says something off color to me, or mentions a point of view that I dont particularly agree with, it won't bother me in the least. Because 1 I am confidant enough in myself and my decisions that i dont happen to care to much about what other people think and 2 because I wont ever give someone that kind of control over me. A bartender recently told me that a patron told her she 'completly ruined her day' because the bartender got her food order wrong. Have some humility and realize that we're all human but even more, realize how much control you are giving up when you become the 'victim ' of someone elses mistake. I am not a victim and will not act as one. The only person who controls my emotions and my actions or re actions is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment