Friday, April 4, 2014

Aspartame you will be the death of me

If you viewed my previous post you now know that I'm pregnant :) Here is the thing about it. Everyone tells you how great it is and oh it's so wonderful blah blah blah. The truth? You are sick, you are tired, if you have kids one of them is always jumping on you and you can't eat ANYTHING. Good luck trying to find a drink without aspartame in it. No lunch meat. No sushi. No caffine. No soft cheese. And I could go on and on and on. Yesterday I had a turkey sandwich and had a pop. It felt soooooo good. hahahaha. My advice? Take everything with a grain of salt. No soft cheese that isn't pasturized. Well unless you are traveling to the south of france or you have goats, milk them and make cheese out of it I wouldn't be too worried. Don't go to a sushi place that looks like maybe yesterday it was tattoo parlor. And don't drink like 30 mt dews a day. Also be prepared for everyone to tell you how you should do things. Because, of course, they were/are a better pregnant person than you. 'Oh I didn't have ANY caffine, not worth the risk'. 'I microwave ALL my meat before I eat it. No sense in getting listeria.' Really bitch? I'm tired, my two year old was up twice last night and I'm having a goddamn cup of coffee. And guess what? I might even get my sandwich from the gas station...Ok I wouldn't get my sanwich from a gas station but you see what I mean. OK, pregnant women rant over.

2 comments:

  1. I cut out nothing when I was pregnant (well except alcohol)! I ate all the crap you shouldn't eat and guess what, my kids where born perfectly healthy! Now I am not saying that a diet of Peeps and Wild Cherry Pepsi is okay but everything in moderation is completely fine in my book! So excited for you guys! Can't wait to photograph that beautiful baby when he/she arrives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I'm actually having a coffee right now. haha. BUT being that my coffee is really half milk I say it doesn't count.

      Delete